New Techniques in Foot Surgery. The V-tek system
Michael Vitek presents for the first time innovative techniques of the drill-wire-free forefoot surgery, that modify the previous methods based on new implants.
The stability of the V-tek screws and V-tek plates have been shown to promote rapid bone healing. Using numerous case studies and over 500 images and radiographs, the author describes the application of the implants. A variety of indications show there are clear advantages compared to conventional techniques:
- Instantly durable, stable and shortening-free basic osteotomy and Lapidus arthrodesis
- Consistent, easy to be carried out and joint-preserving system for all forms of hallux with three different intramedullary locking plates
- Waiver of K-wires in the hammer toe treatment
- Minimal incision and safe correction in a minimally invasive hallux valgus and Tailor's-bunion surgery
- Cartilage preserving metatarsal osteotomy instead of a Weil-surgery
The book is presented here with the new techniques to facilitate the surgeon interventions in the forefoot and allows the patient a faster, safer treatment and rehabilitation.
The accompanying DVD explains all the individual operation steps in most precise manner. The observer get here a training material by DVD, which immediately enables him to appropriate interventions not only to understand, also implement it themselves .
Michael Vitek Dr. Prof inv. UAG
(Universidad Autonoma Guadalajara Villahermosa Tabasco Mexico)